1. The maximum amount of digital coin a user can borrow depends on allowed leverage, user’s tier and other factors. Allowed leverage varies from market to market. A leverage up to 3-10X is allowed currently. For market where 3X leverage is allowed, you can borrow up to 200 BTC giving you have 100 BTC as margin in your margin account.
Maximum Borrow-able=(Total assets-borrowed-outstanding interests) X(Leverage Factor-1 ) - Borrowed
2.The borrowed token should be paid before or on due date(loan duration:10/20/30 days) of the loan. If overdue, your asset is automatically in custody of gate.io. Moreover, gate.io will close your position to pay for the outstanding loan when necessary.
3.The fees are calculated from the time you borrow in and calculated in a two- tiered scheme. Tier 1 is initial 4 hours, that is the minimum duration when calculating fee. Less than 4 hour will be deemed as 4 hours. When a loan exceeds the initial 4 hrs, the remaining duration will be calculated on an hourly rate.
Tier 1:Initial 4 hours: Day rate/6
Tier 2: Remaining hours： day rate/24 X remaining loan hours
4. Gate.io provides risk management for users who enter into margin trading by monitoring their margin trading accounts and controlling risks.
5.when the risk rate of your margin trading account is below a preset a-lert threshold, you may receive a risk warning message via sms or email,reminding you to control the risks. A-lert threshold varies from pair to pair. For pairs with maximum leverage of 3X-5X, email or short message will be sent when the risk rate is below 130%; for pairs with maximum leverage of 10X, the threshold is reached when the risk rate is 110%.
6. When the risk rate of your margin trading account drops to a preset liquidation threshold, a forced liquidation is triggered and your asset will be force sold or bought at orders available on the market to pay off the loan. For pairs allowing 3X-5X leverage, the threshold is reached when the risk rate is 110%; for pairs allowing 10X leverage, the threshold is reached when the risk rate is 105%.
7.After forced liquidation, gate.io does not pay for the loan not due for you. You can still engage in margin trading by adding more margin. If you fail to pay for loans on due date, closing position will be triggered to auto- pay the loan.
8.You agree that margin trading may incur interests and other fees and agree to pay for the fees according to gate.io instructions. Trading fee for margin trading is the same as spot trading.
9.If you make a profit from margin trading, you can transfer assets from margin trading account in advance. If you have unpaid loan, you cannot transfer asset more than the maximum asset you can transfer.
10. To enter into margin trading, you should fully understand the high risks of trading and investing in digital assets and the high risks of leveraged trading. Always act with cautions and do not invest in funds that above your financial abilities.
11. The borrowers have the right to repay loan in advance. The loan duration is subject to actual loan term, from the time being borrowed to the time the loan is repaid.
12.Gate.io takes a fee of 18% from interests you earn for a loan when the loan(principal and interests) is repaid.
13. You agree that all your investing actions on gate.io are your own willingness and you fully accept the potential risks and gains such investment decisions incur.
14 Gate.io reserve the rights of final interpretation of this Instruction
For any question, contact us by submitting a ticket