Point can be used to cover trading fee at Gate.io exchange; 1 point=1 USDT in trading fee deduction.
As the real cost of 1 point is less than 1 USDT(about 0.3 USDT/POINT). Using Point can significantly reduce your trading cost.
Scenarios Point can be used:
- Point can be used to pay trading fee in spot trading and margin trading.
- Point can be used to pay trading fee in periodic investment plan.
- Point can be used to pay a part of taker's fee (0.05%) in perpetual contract trading(you have to transfer points to your perpetual contract account first in order to use point to pay taker’s fee).
- Point can be used to pay a merchant's trading fee in fiat OTC trading (customer role is fee free)
- Point can be used to pay commission Gate.io charged when you are borrowing crypto (not interest that you have to pay lenders).
Note: Point will no longer in use after September 1, 2020 in crypto-to-crypto trading, margin trading and perpetual contract trading, etc.