Gate.io has been committed to providing users with professional products and quality services. Over the years, users have paid close attention to the depth and liquidity of our platform, and given a lot of pertinent advice. We would like to thank our users for all of these. Since the introduction of new market maker VIP tiers in this year, a number of professional quantitative teams and market maker teams have joined. Currently, the trading volume, market spreads and trading depth of mainstream tokens on Gate.io have reached the level of a top-tier exchange.
In order to further improve the depth and liquidity of our platform, and fulfill the needs of more BTC / USD / ETH investors, Gate.io will host the First Global Digital Asset Market Making Competition Plus the Third Global Digital Asset Quantitative Trading Competition with TokenInsight. The purpose of the activity is to provide a platform where digital assets exchanges, investors and excellent managers in this industry can communicate and present themselves. This way, more and more outstanding market makers and quantitative teams will be discovered. Through the competition, Gate.io will actively improve industry transparency and promote the creation of a healthy industry development environment, helping build a better industry.
The competition will start from 04:00AM GMT July 31, 2020 to 04:00AM GMT September 30, 2020 (lasts for 61 days).
Below is a chart that shows the details:
1. API information: participating teams agree to provide read-only API of exchanges to the organizer. Information of holdings and transactions can be acquired by the organizer through read-only API, for monitoring and assessment. It is ensured that the information of trading is only used for the competition, and will not be revealed to a third party.
2. Deposit and withdrawal: during the competition, participating teams need to inform the organizer before they make deposits and withdrawals. When withdrawals are finished, teams need to send the exchange transaction history to the organizer for verification. Meanwhile, the organizer will monitor the transactions of deposits and withdrawals of every team. If uninformed deposits or withdrawals are detected, the team score will be cancelled.
3. Funds into the account: participating teams need to make sure funds are in place before 04:00AM GMT July 30, 2020
4. Account information summary:
1) participating teams need to confirm with the number of Gate.io UIDs they need when registering for the competition. Normally each team can only apply for one UID. For those who have crossed-exchange strategy, they need to at least have position on Gate.io.
2) Mainstream exchanges (Bi***ce, H**bi, OK**, B**MEX, etc.) can be selected for offset accounts. Teams also need to confirm with registration category, number of corresponding accounts, and fees when registering. A read-only API needs to be provided for each account for monitoring and assessment.
To maintain impartiality, Gate.io will set an exclusive fee for the competition. The priority is using GT to pay fees. If there is insufficient GT, token used to trade will be used for fees by default. POINTs are not supported in the competition.
Fees are shown as follows:
For Market Making Competition:
1. Funds: participating teams need to have Gate.io UIDs and funds.
2. Minimum funds requirement: 50,000 USDT worth assets.
3. Teams requirement: teams from all over the world, with complete strategies, ability to develop and risk management ability.
For Asset Management Competition
1. Funds: participating teams need to have Gate.io UIDs and funds.
2. Minimum funds requirement: 3BTC or 30,000 USDT worth assets.
3. Real trade performance: teams need to have real trade performance of digital assets for more than three months.
4. Teams requirement: teams from all over the world, with complete strategies, ability to develop and risk management ability.
5. Exchanges: maximum three exchanges for every product registered; maximum three independent exchanges accounts.
Sign Up Dates: July 3 - July 30
The time before July 30, 2020 is for testing and strategy adjustment. Participating teams need to make sure funds are in place before 04:00AM GMT July 30, 2020. Only teams signing up before and on July 30, 2020 will be assessed.
Sign up here: https://jinshuju.net/f/SawKA5
Market Making Competition
Competition Category: there are three categories for Market Making Competition, which are Spot Trading, Futures Trading and Perpetual Contracts Trading, all in USDT standard.
1) Spot Trading: BTC/USDT trading pair
2) USDT settled Futures Trading: BTC/USDT quarterly Futures Trading
3) USDT settled Perpetual Contracts Trading: BTC/USDT trading pair
There will be quantitative assessments on teams based on quantitative indicators, and meanwhile rate of return, the quality of Market Making and trading volume will also be taken into account. The overall score of each team will be worked out based on certain rules.
Overall score= score in rate of return + score in stability of Market Making + score in trading volume, calculated based on the weight of each indicator (shown in the chart below). The full overall score is 100. The score of each indicator is decided by rankings. The chart below shows the details:
Asset Management Competition
There are six groups in Asset Management Competition. Products for the competition needs to be in BCT Standard or USD/USDT standard. According to different strategies, there will be Arbitrage Strategy Groups, Trend/Compound Strategy Groups and High Frequency Strategy Groups. Teams need to satisfy different minimum funds requirements to join different groups.
1) trading tokens: tradable tokens in the competition are BTC, USDT, ETH, EOS, BCH, GT, HT, OKB, BNB, BEAM, XTZ, LTC, XRP, TRX, BSV, ETC, DASH, ZEC, ATOM, ADA, XLM, specified exchange tokens and stablecoins, etc. Eligible trading will be Spot trading of above-mentioned tokens and corresponding Futures in specified exchanges. If trading with non-tradable tokens is detected in the competition, the score will be canceled.
2) exchanges: trading of the competition is limited on Gate.io. For those who have crossed-exchange strategy, they need to at least have position on Gate.io.
There will be quantitative assessments on teams based on quantitative indicators, and meanwhile rate of return, the scale and different indicators will also be taken into account. The overall score of each team will be calculated based on the weight of each indicator. Rankings will be decided by the score of indicators.
After the competition, top three winners of each category will be rewarded with great bonus, VIP tiers and Colocation services provided by Gate.io, and moreover they will have the right of priority to cooperate with the organizer in asset management products.
Below is a chart that shows the rewards:
Quitting and Disqualification
1. All teams of the competition must abide by the trading rules of the platform. If there is a violation, the score will be canceled and teams will be disqualified. Teams, including all categories under the team’s name, will be disqualified, if any cheating is detected by the organizing committee of the competition.
2. If there has not been any trading and meanwhile without any positions in the account for 10 consecutive days during the competition, it will regarded as abandoning the qualification for this seasonal competition. Teams which volunteer to quit or are disqualified when found cheating, will not be ranked in the competition season.
3. Eligible trading of Asset Management Competition will be specified Spot trading and corresponding Futures. If trading with non-tradable tokens is detected in the competition, the score will be canceled.
4. Deposit and withdrawal: during the competition, Gate.io & TokenInsight will monitor the transactions of deposits and withdrawals of every team. If uninformed deposits or withdrawals are detected, the team score will be cancelled.
*Gate.io reserves the final right to interpret this activity. The competition is held with the principle of fairness and openness. If rules are modified, all participating teams will be notified and it will be publicized in official channels.
Gate.io is a trading platform that does not charge listing fees, only launches quality projects, and provides users with 100% guaranteed and instant deposit-withdrawal services.
Get 30% of all referees' trading fees in the affiliate program at https://www.gate.io/myaccount/myreferrals
Click to Sign up ：https://www.gate.io/m#/register
Download it now at: https://www.gate.io/mobileapp